WE are delighted to officially announce that the Liverpool subCulture blog, banned by the Lib Dim city council, has now attracted more than 100,000 readers.
We thank you all.
Our most sincere thanks of course, must go to all those who have made Liverpool subCulture a small, but such a beautifully formed, footnote in the proud history of the blogosphere.
We mean of course, our rich cast of characters:
- The evil Sir Diddy (first and foremost)
- The rottweiller McElhinney (still in our sights)
- The smiling assassin Hasitall (who has undergone several reincarnations, but who has now turned history on its head by conspiring against the current chief executive - my how times do change!)
- Chas 'show me the money' Cole (still raking in forests of cash from the city)
- The Storeyteller (still unable to hold his own water)
- Fireman Bradley (wounded badly, but limping to meet his coup de grace at the Standards Board)
- Colin CoverUp (seriously unimpressive and comprehensively discredited after going native)
The Harbarrowboy (more brass neck than gold medallions)
- Our Lord Redmond (rampant egotism and fake celebrity of a true phoney)
- Donald Bullshitter (cocking up on a daily basis, but still taking the money)
And so, thankfully, does Liverpool.
And there are a whole host of supporting extras - Mr Bumble, Randy Newman, Sexy Rexy, the craven Echo, Clare McCogloose, etc, etc, who have all added to the fun and games.
But most of all, we wish to thank and congratulate some 'real' Liverpool stars - Tori Blare, Prof Chucklebutty (and his missus) and Pete Price - without whom Liverpool subCulture would never have continued.
Good on you.
We hope that we may also take a little credit for encouraging these great new voices in the Liverpool blogosphere - long may they continue.
Meanwhile the city council continues to protest to Google in an attempt to ban the blog - demonstrating their daily contempt for the city council's taxpayers.
And, of course, their total contempt for truth, justice and democracy.
Which is were it all started...